Total Pageviews

Wednesday 26 February 2014

Legally Changed My Name!!

My name is exactly the same. All I've just done is changed the spelling of my surname to the CORRECT spelling. My name was, Jaskaran Singh Bhattle... And I changed it to Jaskaran Singh Bhathal. I know what you're all probably NOT thinking (I hope you were, but either way, you're racist), "Jas, why didn't you change your first name as well? It sounds like a Middle Eastern, no fly-zoned country full of WMDs." I was thinking of it at first but then I just thought to myself: Who gives a fuck? No one ever calls me by my first name anyway - mainly because they just give up on the second attempt of trying to pronounce the HIDEOUS name... (in case you haven't already noticed, I'm not a fan of my own name.)

There's a few things kind of weird about this whole situation. 1. How on Earth did my father manage to misspell our whole family's surname? 2. After 35+ years, why does he even give a fuck all of a sudden? I haven't bothered asking my father for the reasons, but I have bothered to come up with my own theory though - 'Cuz I'm a twat.

(Note: My theory is ever so slightly OVER exaggerated)

35+ years ago, my dad came off his banana boat and set his sandal wearing feet on the land of the Queen. At border control, they looked at his Kenyan passport and asked what his name was in ENGLISH.. (Even though the passport is in English - That's not the point... Just hear me out...)
My father obviously only knew very little English. But bare in mind he knows other useless languages but didn't bother learning English (Those languages: Punjabi, Hindi, Gujarati, Swahili.) Okay, I should stop overly ripping my own father and just get back to my theory. Anyway, they probably just heard my father say the surname and just wrote how it sounded (as you would).

Moral of the story is... name your children something nice... and something they won't wanna kill themselves over. (not referring to my surname, but my first name) Thank you and good night.

Twitter: @MRFUNGILICIOUS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment at your own risk, I will massacre you ;)